When it comes to moving fragile items and house plants it is important that you are organised and set aside some time before your move. Putting aside some additional time can ensure you implement proper packing techniques, rather than it being rushed, ultimately protecting your items.
Here at Apex Andrews Removals and Storage Ltd (Sheffield) we have outlined some of our top tips for packing your fragile items and house plants, please see the following:
- Pack each plant in its own sturdy box, the smaller the box the better as it stops the plant moving around.
- Place a plastic bag over the pot and tie it at the base, this will help keep the soil contained.
- Fill in the extra spaces in the boxes with packing or newspaper, this ensures the plants are secure but remember not to overpack, allowing them space to breathe. Call our packing team if you need any extra help.
- Poke holes in the boxes, this allows for the air to flow; and finally
- Label boxes ‘fragile’ this shows the removers that they will need to take extra care with these items.
Moving Fragile Items
- Tape the bottom of your boxes, this prevents your items from falling through when lifted. Tip – ensure you tape all open seams and corners.
- Individually wrap each item, this can be done with packing paper, bubble wrap, newspapers and towels. Secure your packing with tape to make sure it stays in place.
- When packing your boxes place the heaviest at the bottom and the lightest at the top, this helps prevent breakages. Remember not to overpack your boxes.
- Fill out all the empty spaces in your packed boxes to prevent items from moving around during loading, unloading and transit. This can be done with the same materials used to pack your boxes.
- Label your boxes ‘fragile’ this shows the removers to take extra care.
- Take extra care when unpacking your boxes at your new home.